Many of us are familiar with the passage of scripture taken from Roman 8:31: “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
The things the Apostle Paul is referring to are outlined clearly in the first 30 verses of Romans 8, which I strongly suggest you read.
However, what I want to consider is the latter part of that verse.
If God is for us…
What does it mean for God, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, the One who exists outside of time and space, to be for us?
There is plenty of evidence for this mind-blowing truth given in this chapter; I have chosen 8 pieces that stood out to me.
1. The Holy Spirit knows our weaknesses and intercedes for us (vv. 26, 27)
2. God causes all things to work together for our good (v. 28)
3. He has predestined us (caused us, before time) to become like His Son, Jesus (v. 29)
4. God justifies us (v. 30)
5. He also glorifies us (v. 30)
6. God sacrificed His Son Jesus, for us (v. 32)
7. Jesus is also interceding on our behalf (v. 34)
8. It is entirely impossible for us to be separated from God’s conquering, enduring, unchanging love (vv. 35, 38, 39)
God is for us. The truth of this blows the mind, and will not be fully fathomed this side of eternity.
However, I would urge you to prayerfully read through Romans 8, asking God to reveal more of Himself to you as you meditate on the truth that God is, indeed, for us.